How do we develop relational services?
How can we develop a system of relational public services that can bring together local communities and work better for communities?
Relational public services can improve outcomes by giving citizens more control and confidence to resolve their problems.
How can we develop a system of relational public services that can bring together local communities and make it easier for people to build relationships with others, the community at large and the people who provide the services?
The London Policy & Strategy Network was delighted to be hosting Polly Mackenzie, the Chief Executive of Demos, who introduced a major new research programme by Demos reimagining public services, in particular, one of its focus areas: local government.
We then got into breakouts to enable people taking part to share lessons learned and experiences on:
- How is your organisation developing services based more on relationships?
- What are the challenges & opportunities?
- What tools & methods can help?
See the Jamboard for the insights that came out from the breakout groups
Check out the series that Demos are running on Making Democracy Work.
Help shape the London Policy & Strategy Network
If you want would like to share ideas on themes and speakers for next year’s sessions, if you’ve got 5 minutes, grab a cuppa and fill in this short survey.
You can find other sessions coming up here.
You can see other videos from the London Policy & Strategy Network sessions below
- Implementing the socio-economic duty
- Developing child-friendly communities
- Riding the waves — strengthening organisational resilience
- Developing the Inclusive Enterprise Zone
- Launch of the London Poverty Profile
- What can we expect from the Comprehensive Spending Review
- How do we drive corporate improvement
- Making a doughnut for London
- Health on the high street
- Owning the future: taking a community wealth building approach
- Imagination by design
- Cities as Platforms
- Communities driving change
- Developing a community endowment fund
- What are the future scenarios for London
- How do we mobilise cross-cutting groups & team to navigate change together
- How do we navigate uncertainty while trying to shift systems
- Portfolio approaches to blending strategy & experimentation
- Long term view across generations
- Cross-organisational collaboration
- Radical visions of government
- New operating models
- Council & university collaboration
- Relationship makers
- Capabilities in policy engagement
- Scenarios for civil society
- Tools to influence and drive change in public services
- Learning through the pandemic
- Develop challenge-based prizes
- Discover policy Innovations from across the world