Levelling Up & Comprehensive Spending Review — what perspectives for London?
The session was focused on understanding the key priorities for Levelling Up and what could be the key challenges & opportunities for the Comprehensive Spending Review, with a London perspective from the GLA and the national perspective from the Institute for Government
With Graham Atkins, Associate Director, Institute for Government and Dr Michelle Reeves, Senior Manager — Policy and Programmes, Strategy Team, City Intelligence Unit, GLA.
The presentations were followed by a discussion on what key issues for councils and public services in London.
Help shape the London Policy & Strategy Network
If you want would like to share ideas on themes and speakers for next year’s sessions, if you’ve got 5 minutes, grab a cuppa and fill in this short survey.
You can find other sessions coming up here.
You can see other videos from the London Policy & Strategy Network sessions below
- How do we drive corporate improvement
- Making a doughnut for London
- Health on the high street
- Owning the future: taking a community wealth building approach
- Imagination by design
- Cities as Platforms
- Communities driving change
- Developing a community endowment fund
- What are the future scenarios for London
- How do we mobilise cross-cutting groups & team to navigate change together
- How do we navigate uncertainty while trying to shift systems
- Portfolio approaches to blending strategy & experimentation
- Long term view across generations
- Cross-organisational collaboration
- Radical visions of government
- New operating models
- Council & university collaboration
- Relationship makers
- Capabilities in policy engagement
- Scenarios for civil society
- Tools to influence and drive change in public services
- Learning through the pandemic
- Develop challenge-based prizes
- Discover policy Innovations from across the world