How do we drive corporate improvement?
At our event on how we drive corporate improvement, Alistair Hughes, Assistant Director for Improvement at Greenwich Council shared the journey of his organisation. This was followed by a discussion on how to link medium-term financial strategies with strategic planning, how to support the senior leadership to develop and drive the vision at both officer and political level, how to mobilise managers across the improvement programme and in particular frontline staff who will be solving problems with residents and will have insightful ideas on how to make the change positive with them.
An then one of the participants asked: “If there was one thing you could change in your org around this agenda-what would it be and why?” What would it be for you?
Help shape the London Policy & Strategy Network
If you want would like to share ideas on themes and speakers for next year’s sessions, if you’ve got 5 minutes, grab a cuppa and fill in this short survey.
You can find other sessions coming up here.
You can see other videos from the London Policy & Strategy Network sessions below
- Making a doughnut for London
- Health on the high street
- Owning the future: taking a community wealth building approach
- Imagination by design
- Cities as Platforms
- Communities driving change
- Developing a community endowment fund
- What are the future scenarios for London
- How do we mobilise cross-cutting groups & team to navigate change together
- How do we navigate uncertainty while trying to shift systems
- Portfolio approaches to blending strategy & experimentation
- Long term view across generations
- Cross-organisational collaboration
- Radical visions of government
- New operating models
- Council & university collaboration
- Relationship makers
- Capabilities in policy engagement
- Scenarios for civil society
- Tools to influence and drive change in public services
- Learning through the pandemic
- Develop challenge-based prizes
- Discover policy Innovations from across the world