Putting doughnut economics into practice
In September 2018, the West Midlands Combined Authority approved its Inclusive Growth Framework, becoming one of the first combined authorities to embed the doughnut model into its strategic decision-making”.
After our session with Kate Raworth to understand what Doughnut Economics is, at our recent London Policy & Strategy Network session chaired by Jenny Harris from Westminster City Council, we heard from Claire Spencer from the West Midlands Combined Authority, who shared how the Authority is putting Doughnut Economics into practice.
Help shape the London Policy & Strategy Network.
If you want to share ideas on themes and speakers for next year’s sessions, if you’ve got 5 minutes, grab a cuppa and fill in this short survey.
You can find other sessions coming up here.
Other videos from the London Policy & Strategy Network sessions are below.
- How do we develop relational services
- Implementing the socioeconomic duty
- Developing child-friendly communities
- Riding the waves — strengthening organisational resilience
- Developing the Inclusive Enterprise Zone
- Launch of the London Poverty Profile
- What can we expect from the Comprehensive Spending Review
- How do we drive corporate improvement
- Making a doughnut for London
- Health on the high street
- Owning the future: taking a community wealth building approach
- Imagination by design
- Cities as Platforms
- Communities driving change
- Developing a community endowment fund
- What are the future scenarios for London
- How do we mobilise cross-cutting groups & teams to navigate change together
- How do we navigate uncertainty while trying to shift systems
- Portfolio approaches to blending strategy & experimentation
- Long-term view across generations
- Cross-organisational collaboration
- Radical visions of government
- New operating models
- Council & university collaboration
- Relationship makers
- Capabilities in policy engagement
- Scenarios for civil society
- Tools to influence and drive change in public services
- Learning through the pandemic
- Develop challenge-based prizes
- Discover policy Innovations from across the world